Seminar on the Moderne City Centre
International seminar in Odense on 14 September on the development and cultural heritage of city centres.
At the seminar Central Spaces five international distinguished scholars will present new perspectives on the ever-changing centre of the modern city:
- Richard Dennis, University College of London: The Architecture of Hurry
- Hans Buiter, Eindhoven University of Technology: Streets as socio-technological urban public spaces
- Mats Franzén, Uppsala University: A divided City Centre and its Dynamic: The case of Stockholm
- Kirsten Simonsen, Roskilde University: The Rhythms of the City, the Essence of the City
- Martin Zerlang, University of Copenhagen: Modernist Architects and "The Heart of the City": Israels Plads
The seminar is arranged by the MASKOT-network (museums, archives and the University of Southern Denmark) and takes place at Historiens Hus (House of History) in Odense.
More information here (Danish)
Programme here (English)